CSF Recognizes Taxpayers’ Role In Community Development [ Monday, 19th of August 2019 | 4 weeks ago ]
Thus, said Mayor Edwin “EdSa” Santiago as he expressed his gratitude to the stakeholders and top taxpayers in the City of San Fernando who were recognized on Friday.
The said recognition rite is annually organized by the City Treasurer’s Office with an aim to acknowledge companies and individuals who have contributed to the local economic growth and have helped the government sustain its social services.
In his speech, Santiago furthered that the taxpayers’ contributions resulted to a P1.59 Billion total income collection for the year 2018. The City Mayor asked for the continuous support of the investors in order to reach their targeted P1.9 Billion collection for the current year.
For his part, Third District Representative and Deputy Speaker of the 18th Congress Aurelio “Dong” Gonzales, Jr., who served as the keynote speaker during the event, highlighted the role of taxpayers as government’s partners in improving the investment climate of the country.
In return, Gonzales said, the government continuously reforms its taxation system to enhance fairness and achieve sustainability.
“I have passed House Bill No. 2704 or the Corporate Income Tax and Incentives Reform Act which seeks to lower income tax rate from 30% to 20%. With this, we’ll be able to lessen pressure among firms thus motivate them to create more jobs for the people,” Gonzales added.
The top business taxpayers in their respective categories were:
• San Miguel Brewery, Inc. (Business Tax-Manufacturers-Non Essential)
• Toyota San Fernando Pampanga, Inc. (Business Tax-Wholesaler, Dealer, Distributor-Non Essential)
• Star Appliances Center, Inc. (Business Tax-Retailers-Non Essential)
• UNAHCO Inc. (Business Tax-Manufacturers-Essential)
• United Laboratories, Inc. (Business Tax-Wholesaler, Dealer, Distributor-Essential)
• Super Value, Inc. “SM Supermarket-SM City Pampanga” (Business Tax-Retailers-Essential)
• NLEX Corporation (Business Tax-Contractors & Independent Contractors)
• SM Prime Holdings, Inc. (Business Tax-Services)
• East West Bank Corporation (Business Tax-Banking & Financial Institutions)
• Josefina T. Siy of A.A Saver’s Mart (Business Tax-Single Proprietorship)
• Sally G. Go of Lison Enterprises (Business Taxpayer-New Public Market)
• Marina Cunanan of “Pedmar Gift Shop (Business Taxpayer-Old Public Market)
The top Real Property Taxpayers in their respective categories were:
• San Miguel Brewery, Inc. (Corporation)
• Mr. and Mrs. Melchor and Vilma Caluag (Individual)
The following were also recognized for their outstanding tax contributions:
• Brgy. Telabastagan (Top Barangay Community Tax Collector)
• San Fernando Electric Light & Power Company (SFELAPCO) (Top Franchise Taxpayer)
• SM Prime Holdings, Inc. (Top Amusement Taxpayer)
• iPremiere Builders Corporation (Highest Increase on Tax Contribution)
Special citations were also given to active private organizations and individuals who have been part of the successful implementation of the city’s projects and programs.
CSF Reaches Highest Revenue Growth In CL For
The City of San Fernando was named by the country’s finance department as the leading local government unit in... Full story »
Tree-planting Now Part Of CSF Women’s
The Women’s Week celebration in the City of San Fernando culminated through a “Tree Planting” earlier today at... Full story »
Santiago Leads Tribute To Fernandino
Pinapahalagahan ng Syudad San Fernando ang mga tao sa likod ng ating magandang kasaysayan at isa na riyan si Nicolasa... Full story »
CSF Kicks Off Women’s Week With Oathtaking Of New
The City Government of San Fernando launched Monday this year’s Women’s week celebration with the presentation and... Full story »
San Fernando Supports ‘Cities #WithRefugees’
Joining other cities and municipalities in the country, the City Government of San Fernando expressed support for the... Full story »
CSF Barangays Cleared Of Road
Most barangays in the City of San Fernando have been cleared of road obstructions through the efforts of the barangay... Full story »
CSF Holds Fire, Rescue Olympics For
The City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office, in partnership with the Bureau of Fire Protection San Fernando... Full story »